Friday, May 23, 2014

Life as of late.

So as most of you know, we said goodbye to Mike for the next 4 months.The week leading up to it completely FLEW by. As in, if this time can go even a quarter that fast, we'll be good to go. It's always interesting trying to explain to the kids about him going away and trying to get them to understand in their little 4 and 2 year old minds.
    Ava's questions went something like this, 1.) Will you be scared and lonely without me Daddy?
                                                                      2.) will we talk on the Skype?
                                                                      3.) will you miss me and mommy and mikey?
                                                                      4.)will you still tell me bedtime stories?
     
  and Mikey well, he didn't really have any questions but he's looked around the house for him a few times doing his lion growl which he always did with him usually before wrestling and being all around dude like.

    Honestly though, I'm so grateful for this life and even though there are difficulties, like having to be apart at different times, it's still such a blessing to be able to see the world and experience and meet so many new people. It doesn't mean it's not crazy hard at times, but it just makes it worth it.
 Now here are a few things that the kids and I do to stay busy..
                                             Always random photo taking going on around here.
                                   

 

Quaker peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
I just follow the recipe on the box of quick oats
and then add in the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup
of peanut butter to the dough because, I mean, who really needs a good reason for peanut butter
and chocolate (;                    

                                                                I think she approves.







And I'll leave you guys with some of the photos that we took
with my new tripod as one of my Mother's Day gifts from Mike
this year. They're not perfect but they're Us.
 
~Have a good Memorial Day weekend~
 
-M.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...I'm going to have to try adding PB and chocolate chips to my oatmeal cookies. I have some oatmeal to use up before the move. Maybe I'll make some for CWOC! ;-)

    ReplyDelete