Thursday, May 8, 2014

In honor of All the Moms. Anywhere and Everywhere.

                                Moms Rock.


       So, a little earlier today I was rushing around like a crazy person trying to get myself ready (as in showered, dressed, hair done the whole deal) and get the kids ready as well, before we headed to the store and wherever else the day would take us. The kids were being...um, KIDS and not really listening, running around, wanting anything to do with getting dressed and just being all around
goofballs. As I was trying to do Ava's hair, Mikey was using a random unrelated toy as a sword and striking us, (you know the usual)  and Ava was totally cracking up and moving all around making it pretty impossible to get her hair done..I got annoyed and said "ahhhhh you guys seriously I just. can't. win." And then my little girl looks up at me and says, This.
    "You know momma, it's not a race, you don't have to win anything." Boom. And just like that
   I'm totally struck by the truth that comes out of their sweet little mouths and hearts and I realized in that moment that I Will slow.....down....and take the advice of my 4 year old and stop making each day a race and just Live. and Breathe. and Enjoy my life and my kids. All the mess, all the crazy,
 all the hard times And all the totally Awesome times that you guys all know about.

  And lastly I just have to say that any amount of patience or understanding that I have in my life I owe to my own Mom. She was nothing but caring, sweet and amazing to my siblings and I and also her, along with my Dad, taught me my faith and how God listens, cares, loves and helps us day in and day out. If I can be Anything like her than it will be a win in my book.

And all of you other Moms...you're amazing. Keep on giving, keep on trying, keep on being you and most importantly Loving the people in your life.
Faith/hope/and love. But the Greatest of these is Love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)



                                        
Have a great weekend everyone!

~Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment